Peter S. Muffoletto, CPA is a full service accounting firm established in November of 1975. I employ on the average two to three accountants and staff members. Please visit our services page for a list of the services we offer.
Below are some of my qualifications as well as examples of cases and issues in which I have been personally involved.
Graduated California State University, Northridge 1972, Bachelor of Science, Business Administration/Accounting
Within the accounting field during undergraduate work at the regional firm of Levin, Cooper & Speigel; The national firm of Wolf & Company after completing undergraduate work; thereafter the national firm of Fox, Westheimer & Company until the merger of part of the firm with Touche, Ross & Co. (now Deloitte, Touche), established private practice thereafter.
Significant continuing education within the past three years
Some of the more significant litigation case issues in which I have been involved in within the past few years are as follows:
- Divorce issues – business valuation
- Business valuation
- Loss of profits
- Injury related punitive damage evaluation
- Breach of contract damage award analysis
- Personal injury loss of earnings issues
- Criminal investigation tax issues – defense
- Tax related issues in bankruptcy
- Embezzlement investigation(s)
- Trust embezzlement and subsequent litigation
- Minority/Majority stockholder rights litigation
- Investor/stockholder rights negotiations
- Tax litigation
Non litigation issues:
- Merger/spin-off evaluations
- Extensive tax related audit defense
- Acquisition analysis
- Cash flow management and analysis
- Extensive loan and credit facility workup, negotiations, and evaluation
- Extensive client representation and advocacy in regards to the Collection Division of the Internal Revenue Service
- Internal Control evaluation and audit review
- Extensive certified audit background with large firm experience.
- Extensive corporate, partnership, and individual tax defense work.
- Extensive adversarial defense work relating to the IRS, Franchise Tax Board, State Board of Equalization, various other State taxing authorities
- Tax liability workout situations including Offers in Compromise, administrative proceedings, Problem Resolution matters, IRS and other tax authority defense work in regards to assessment and seizure proceedings.
- Insurance requirements analysis
In addition to the above, I am the sole owner of a full service accounting firm in which I employ on the average two to three accountants and staff members. Our services include, but are not limited to the following:
- Corporate, partnership, fiduciary, and individual taxation analysis, planning, and preparation
- Adversarial audit defense
- Business & Trust management
- Bookkeeping services
- Financial and wealth accumulation planning
- Computer system analysis
- Business sales/acquisition analysis
- Business valuation services
- Lease/buy analysis
- Business expansion planning and analysis
- Real estate sales and acquisition analysis
- Project/budget analysis and preparation
- Retirement planning
- Tax shelter analysis
- Inventory Control Systems
- Equipment purchase/lease analysis
- Office systems and Internal Control analysis and implementation
- Insurance review
- Pension/Profit sharing plan analysis
- Litigation support services
- Divorce matters
- Forensic accounting
- Tax audit representation
- Business and tax planning
Panel member of the guidance committee of the California CPA Education Foundation Fraud Conference Committee, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004.
Panel member of the guidance committee of the California CPA Education Foundation Tax Conference Committee, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003. 2004.
Recent Speaking Engagments
- Internal Revenue Service Section 1031 Exchanges (several engagements)
- What your CPA Should be doing for you (several engagements)
We specialize in high net worth clients, generally Fortune 500 and Industrial 1000 CEO’s, CFO’s, and COO’s as well as entrepenerual clientele with their own businesses. Typically we handle our client finances from top to bottom providing services that range from financial to tax oriented guidance.
What marks our firm as different from other firms is that we deliver the service that most business individuals seek but cannot find elsewhere. The evidence of this is that the average retention rate for clients nationwide for CPA firms averages six years, our average retention rate for clients exceeds 28 years. We deliver, our clients know that they can depend on us and make the referrals that continue to enhance the quality of our client base nationwide.